Til: System undo crew
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jeremy Corbyn wins Labour campaign, obliterates other candidates
> 2. The Book of Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a history from another
>> Tribe of Israel (not the Jews) of ancient times. It is a second witness of
>> Jesus Christ and demonstrates that God is involved with civilizations all
>> over the world)
>>     https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

>> This ^^^ sounds interesting. Is there any scientific evidence to indicate
> that this is a historical record?

It depends on who you ask. As you can probably guess with such grand
claims, there is a spectrum of views.

Both LDS and non-LDS scholars have made attempts. Some have legitimate
criticisms and inquiries while many attempt to discredit the LDS religion
by mischaracteration, unfounded assumptions and often irrational means.

This wiki provides a decent overview of the non-LDS scholar criticisms:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Book_of_Mormon
(if you use this as your metric you will certainly conclude the Book of
Mormon to be non-truth)

The LDS scholars have their own plethora of secular evidence. I don't know
of an authoritative summation to link, but there are certainly educated
apologists. Here is something:
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/01/mounting-evidence-for-the-book-of-mormon?lang=eng

In my opinion though, God is not intended to be proved or disproved by the
scientific understanding of the time. I consider faith(trust) to be
eternally required. I am not advocating blind-faith, but it seems to me
there are certain vantage points where you have to have faith to overcome
an impasse. As an example, when Jesus Christ was giving the ultimate
atonement:
"Mathew 26:39: And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and
prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:
nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt".

Many of the principles of the LDS religion have to be tested
experimentally(personally) before they are validated, but they are
validated in time. I have experienced unequivocal evidence from the
spiritual dimension that is repeatable in nature. If that makes me
indoctrinated then so be it. It has lead me to where I am today and will
continue to lead me in happiness and peace.

I believe science and God will be unified in time. I work as a scientist,
so evidence dictates my beliefs. As far as cognitive dissonance goes, I
entertain all ideas (but that doesn't make them right or wrong).