:: Re: [DNG] libpam-xdg-support / libp…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: tilt!
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] libpam-xdg-support / libpam-systemd
Hi Daniel,

On 09/17/2015 01:29 PM, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> [...]
>> The implementation so far manages to do without any form of PAM
>> module or login-managing daemon process. It's my intention to
>> keep it that way.
>
> That's great, but don't create something that would rule out PAM
> or login-managing daemon processes too.

About PAM:

Please don't get me wrong, i don't "rule out PAM": my software
works fine with PAM - but it also works without it.

I don't rule out a PAM module as part of the software itself
either, it's probably the easiest way to have refcounting, so
if i'm going to do refcounting, i will probably do it with the
help of PAM, but it will be an optional feature.

About a login management process:

I will not run and manage and depend on a system service daemon
process to store refcounts for users. There will be an API and
helper executables for that, but they will not require such a
process either.

I could implement interoperation with existing login management
services, notably [1], but again on an optional basis, because many
people don't have [1], and the software has to work for them, too.

Best regards,
T.

[1] systemd System and Service Manager. Section "logind".