著者: Edward Bartolo
To: tilt!, dng
題目: [DNG] Supporting wlanN, where N = {1, 2, 3, ...}
Hi all,

Although at the moment I am occupied with other commitments, I would
to discuss how support for uncommon systems with more than one wifi
adaptor and/or with more than one wired network adaptor.

The main drawback supporting such systems is that the GUI has to
account for them and this makes it more complicated for the end user
who almost seldom will be faced by the situation of having to deal
with more than one wifi card and/or more than one wired connector on
the same system.

I am assuming these type of unfortunate users should already be
comfortable tweaking there system, so I am suggesting that the backend
would be made behave differently in extraordinary situations like
these. Instead of defaulting on wlan0 and eth0, power users would opt
to use wlan1 or eth1. For this, a simple text configuration file
mapping wlanX to wlan1 and ethX to eth1 should provide a simple and
yet neat solution without editing too much of the already working
code.

This is my first concept of how support for uncommon systems can be
added without too much disruption of the already working code.

Edward