:: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan …
Página Principal
Autor: Rob Owens
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan jessie instead of ceres
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Didier Kryn" <kryn@???>

> Le 14/09/2015 21:48, Rob Owens a écrit :
>> I only chose ceres because that was the default when I installed
>> devuan-baseconf.  Which would be a more sensible upgrade path from Wheezy?
>> Should I have chosen ascii?
>     Up to now, Debian has never supported skipping one or two versions
> in dist-upgrade. The version just after Wheezy is Jessie; therefore you
> should probably dist-upgrade to Devuan Jessie. The planets come after that.

Thanks for the input, everyone. My upgrade was better this time.

1) 'wget http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/d/devuan-baseconf/devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan3_all.deb'
2) 'dpkg -i devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan3_all.deb'
3) enter 'jessie' in place of the default value of 'ceres'
4) remove debian sources from /etc/apt/sources.list
5) 'apt-get update'
6) 'apt-get upgrade'
7) 'apt-get update' -- just to be sure
8) 'apt-get dist-upgrade'

No warnings or errors. Samba and various qemu packages get installed,
even though they were not installed on my Wheezy system. Package
db5.1-util has been kept back. Upgrading it wanted to remove python 2.6,
so instead I removed db5.1-util and the system boots fine without it. I
haven't done much testing beyond that.

'aptitude search ~i | grep systemd' shows libsystemd-login0 and
libsystemd0 installed.

'apt-cache policy' for both packages shows version 215-17+deb8u2
installed from http://packages.devuan.org/merged jessie/main

libsystemd-login0 is listed as deprecated in the output of 'aptitude
search...' and in fact, it was installed prior to my upgrade.

After a reboot libsystemd-login0 is not installed -- I may have done a
'apt-get autoremove' in the meantime. I am going to have to re-test.

But overall, the upgrade was successful.

-Rob