:: Re: [DNG] Xorg dependency on libsys…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: karl
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Xorg dependency on libsystemd
shraptor:
> On 2015-09-13 23:44, karl@??? wrote:

> > I got xorg to work on a funtoo box and that without any udev nor
> > libudev. I.e. there is no dependancy.

> Was there libsystemd on your funtoo setup?

No, none.

> The dependency I found was on systemd-login.
> The udev dependency probably is just arch buildscripts.

Yes, seems to be in many distribution buildscripts.
Seems maintainers by reflex think udev is installed, that they
want it themselfs, or that it provides some convenience that shouldn't
be left out.

> If I include libsystemd my system starts fine
> with vdev
>
> Did you recompile Xorg. which parts?

Since it's funtoo (which is based on gentoo): everything.

> I saw some mention you may have to
> recompile xf86-input-evdev also
> if you recompile xorg-server
>
> How did you do it?

By modifying the funtoo build script, removing mentions of udev:

$ cd /usr/portage
$ diff ./x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev/xf86-input-evdev-2.9.2.ebuild*
10c10
< RDEPEND=">=x11-base/xorg-server-1.12
---
> RDEPEND=">=x11-base/xorg-server-1.12[udev]

$ diff x11-base/xorg-server/old/xorg-server-1.16.4-r1.ebuild x11-base/xorg-server/xorg-server-1.16.4-r1.ebuild
12c12
< IUSE="dmx kdrive xnest +xorg xvfb glamor ipv6 minimal nptl selinux +suid systemd tslib +udev unwind wayland"
---
> IUSE="dmx kdrive xnest +xorg xvfb glamor ipv6 minimal nptl selinux +suid systemd tslib unwind wayland"

60d59
<       udev? ( >=virtual/udev-150 )
170d168
<               $(use_enable udev config-udev)
$

and then

# emerge --regen

I don't remeber if I had to do anything with mesa. In mesa there is:

$ git remote -v
origin  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa (fetch)
origin  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa (push)
$ ./configure --help | grep sysfs
  --enable-sysfs          enable /sys PCI identification [default=disabled]
$

which you can use instead of libudev.

///

If you run current xorg server, you have to make your own xorg.conf (I
think). I added flag below to make it work:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "AutoAddDevices" "off"
EndSection

Regards,