:: Re: [DNG] Xorg dependency on libsys…
Góra strony
Autor: shraptor
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Xorg dependency on libsystemd
On 2015-09-13 23:44, karl@??? wrote:
> Shraptor:
>> When I check on Arch linux the only dependency they explicitly
>> states is xorg-server-xnest is dependent on libsystemd.
>> I do not have this package installed.
>>
>> When I try to run my os Xorg complains about missing libsystemd
>>
>> There is some package builds in AUR and if I check them
>> I see --enable-systemd-logind under ./configure command
>>
>> So I guess that its this where th dependency comes from.
>>
>> So if I recompile without it maybe I can run without libsystemd
>> installed?
>>
>> Anyone have any experience regarding this?
>>
>> Is it hard to compile and get Xorg to work?
>>
>> Any comments would be most welcome
>
> I got xorg to work on a funtoo box and that without any udev nor
> libudev. I.e. there is no dependancy.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Was there libsystemd on your funtoo setup?

The dependency I found was on systemd-login.
The udev dependency probably is just arch buildscripts.

If I include libsystemd my system starts fine
with vdev

Did you recompile Xorg. which parts?

I saw some mention you may have to
recompile xf86-input-evdev also