:: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: aitor_czr, Steve Litt, dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT project
Hi aitor,

I think, the time has come to start thinking about producing a .deb
package for netman. However, we will have to use a post installation
script to add the line:

"iface wlan0 inet dhcp"

to /etc/network/interfaces. The script has also to create a new
directory under /usr/bin with the name netman ie /usr/bin/netman will
hold both the frontend and the backend.

The SUID for backend must be changed to that belonging to root. I do
this as follows:
chown root:root backend
chmod u+s backend

A new directory under /etc/network with the name wifi must be created
i.e. /etc/network/wifi must be an existing directory.

Then, the final steps would be to create a launcher for netman, the
frontend. To enable automatic attempts at connecting basing on
installed essid files under /etc/network/wifi, the parameter
--auto-conn must be passed to netman upon invocation. --auto-conn need
not be used and netman would not attempt to connect without user
intervention. This feature is for those who want to control what
happens on their machine.

Edward