:: [DNG] Programming languages for net…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [DNG] Debugging netman auto-connect.
Assunto: [DNG] Programming languages for netman?
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 01:49:57AM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
> It was not Pascal the successor of Modula?

Pascal cne after Algol W. Modula came after Pascal. Modula 2 came
after Modula. Oberon came after Modula 2. All these languages were
designed by Niklaus Wirth.

Modula 3 was creted by different people who asked Wirth if they could
use the Modula name. They produced a statically typed, object-oriented,
garbage collected language in which your programs didn't have to use
objects, didn't have to use the garbage collector, and could even
explicitly violate the type constraints (thus unlike Java in all three
respects). Storage managemend outside the garbage collector and
explicit type violations were considered UNSAFE, and could only be used
in modules that were themselves marked as UNSAFE. So you would know how
far the compiler's guarantee of run-time safety could be expected to go.