:: Re: [DNG] Debugging netman auto-con…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Debugging netman auto-connect.
On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 08:38:40PM +0000, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> It depends completely on the random guy. :)
> If you were a knowledgeable advocate of Guile and saw the same risks of "winging it" with C strings, then there'd now be at least two devs with a vested interest in a port of the relevant functionality.

All the languages I mentioned -- Modula 3, OCaml, and Guile (as a
Scheme dialect that interfaces well with C) would be better than C if
your purpose is a lot of string handling.

OCaml and Guile are already present in Debian, so they have a natural
advantage.

OCaml is stically types, which catches bugs fast

Guile is a GNU language, which may have some political
advantages.

-- hendrik