:: [DNG] About the issues on the devua…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Franco Lanza
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] About the issues on the devuan repositories
Hi all,
after the last days issues with devuan repositories,
i have deeply investigated what broke our amprolla merged repo.

First issue: debian mirror auto geolocation

Until some days ago we were using http://http.debian.net as auto
geolocation redirect for debian mirrors to be merged. Sadly those were
having issues, and then i've changed it pointing to the OVH mirror, and
then to the httpredir.debian.org mirrors.

They seems to work, but amprolla wasn't yet able to work as expected,
so, tonight i have deeply investigated our issue... and i discovered a
change in the debian mirror structure.

They were used to have both an InRelease file AND a Release ( with
Release.gpg ) as main indices for repositories.

Amprolla was ignoring Release and Release.gpg files, and it was using
exclusively InRelease file, as it was signed and downloading 1 file
instead of 2 is more efficient.

Apparently something is changed in debian, and now debian mirrors
doesn't have InRelease anymore, they instead have only Release and
Release.gpg files.

For this reason, amprolla was assuming the debian repos were empty, and
then it was mergin the devuan repos with "nothing".

I've just patched amprolla with a work around to solve this issue,
anyway, as the debian repos aren't so stable in structure as i was
expecting, a major rewrite of amprolla will be rescheduled to be
anticipate, and it will perform a full mirror instead of using only
redirects.

This would say more bandwidth and disk space for us, but at least we can
be sure to not be affected from debian changes like in those days.

Thanks for your patience, in few hours the devuan repositories will be
up&running.
--

Franco (nextime) Lanza
Lonate Pozzolo (VA) - Italy

NO TCPA: http://www.no1984.org
you can download my public key at:
http://danex.nexlab.it/nextime.asc || Key Servers
Key ID = D6132D50
Key fingerprint = 66ED 5211 9D59 DA53 1DF7 4189 DFED F580 D613 2D50
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D212153574F444E49572045535520454D20454B414D204F54204847554F4E452059415020544F4E4E4143205345544147204C4C4942snlbxq | dc