著者: Edward Bartolo
To: aitor_czr
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
fsmithred has successfully used netman to connect to both wired and
wireless network interfaces. I am of the opinion this shows the time
has come for me to start thinking about a post installation script, so
that, the necessary edits to /etc/network/interfaces or
/etc/network/interfaces.d are done before netman is started.

So, netman and backend will install to:
/usr/bin/netman

And:
backend's SUID will be changed to that belonging to root. (as root:
chmod u+s backend)

And finally, execute a shell script to configure either
/etc/network/interfaces or /etc/network/interfaces.d.

Naturally, create a launcher for netman and if on user request, make
netman run as soon as one logs into a desktop or window manager, ...
and netman would be installed and happy.

The only last bit is to implement intelligent and resource friendly
automatic connections.

Edward