:: Re: [DNG] netman, ifdown: interface…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Edward Bartolo
To: fsmithred
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] netman, ifdown: interface wlan0 not configured
More testing on my part is indicating that the cause appears to be:

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

Evidence is indicating that the above is required to be in
/etc/network/interfaces.

Previously, I also had the wifi's essid and password. Now, I moved the
essid and password to another file under /etc/network/interfaces. I
was able to reproduce the same behaviour as experienced by fsmithred.
Now my setup works.

With my setup I was able to connect to various wifis not just the one
at my home. This means, my configuration works and was far more stable
than what I was experiencing using wicd.