:: Re: [DNG] Problem with the reposito…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Problem with the repository of Devuan
On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 09:04:45PM +0200, Franco Lanza wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 08:30:27PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> > we can regard this situation as the sort of testing needed for our
> > server side of things, I'm confident in the future such glitches can be
> > avoided.
>

> Technically this is what happened:
>
> - we update amprolla at fixed interval ( 30 mins ), when it checks if
> something is changed on a configured debian mirror AND to the devuan
> package repository, suite by suite. If something is changed in a suite
> on one of the mirror monitored, it rebuild the /dists/ directory for
> this suite.
>
> - As the server running amprolla is hosted in OVH, France, we use the
> OVH hosted debian mirror has it's (of course) fast and with very low
> latence for us.
>
> - It seems that the OVH mirror is down, and amprolla doesn't manage this
> situation well, so, it take the unavailable files from the down mirror
> as a change where all packages aren't available anymore, and then it
> rebuild the merged repo with only the packages from other mirrors.
>
> Actually i've manually reconfigured amprolla to use another debian
> mirror and then start to rebuild the repo forcing the total rebuild, in
> few minutes all will work as usual and expected.

It's a few hours later, and a lot of packages have appeared. But many
of the packages I've installed are still missing. IN particular,
monotone and botan (the ones I originally noticed) are still not there.
(not that I havent already installed them by other means; I'm in no
hurry)

I suspect it may take longer than a few minutes.

-- hendrik