:: Re: [DNG] Problem with the reposito…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Franco Lanza
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Problem with the repository of Devuan
On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 08:30:27PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> we can regard this situation as the sort of testing needed for our
> server side of things, I'm confident in the future such glitches can be
> avoided.

Technically this is what happened:

- we update amprolla at fixed interval ( 30 mins ), when it checks if
something is changed on a configured debian mirror AND to the devuan
package repository, suite by suite. If something is changed in a suite
on one of the mirror monitored, it rebuild the /dists/ directory for
this suite.

- As the server running amprolla is hosted in OVH, France, we use the
OVH hosted debian mirror has it's (of course) fast and with very low
latence for us.

- It seems that the OVH mirror is down, and amprolla doesn't manage this
situation well, so, it take the unavailable files from the down mirror
as a change where all packages aren't available anymore, and then it
rebuild the merged repo with only the packages from other mirrors.

Actually i've manually reconfigured amprolla to use another debian
mirror and then start to rebuild the repo forcing the total rebuild, in
few minutes all will work as usual and expected.

In the long run, to avoid the repeating on the same issue, i will fix
amprolla to fallback to a secondary mirror in case the first one fail,
and then to abort operations if also the secondary is failing, maybe
dropping a notice/warning email to let us know immediatly that something
is going wrong.

Thanks to report the issue.

--

Franco (nextime) Lanza
Lonate Pozzolo (VA) - Italy

NO TCPA: http://www.no1984.org
you can download my public key at:
http://danex.nexlab.it/nextime.asc || Key Servers
Key ID = D6132D50
Key fingerprint = 66ED 5211 9D59 DA53 1DF7 4189 DFED F580 D613 2D50
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D212153574F444E49572045535520454D20454B414D204F54204847554F4E452059415020544F4E4E4143205345544147204C4C4942snlbxq | dc