:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Charged over encrypt…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Betreff: Re: [unSYSTEM] Charged over encryption software
Since you want the world in simple abstractions:

http://www.freeocalan.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Ocalan-Democratic-Confederalism.pdf

But understand that these are complex issues when we're talking about
government and society building. There is no "good" or "bad". I refuse
to take such a stance even with IS.

All of our language is symbolic, and symbols acquire and change meaning
over time. People essentially communicate with symbols, so understanding
what symbols represents is a guide into the value systems of the people
behind those symbols.

No-one is saying to take a "Rojava is pure good" position, but you are
either a supporter or are not. We should even criticise our friends, so
they can be better but from a point of understanding. And likewise, we
should defend the weak and powerless - especially if they share our
ideas and vision.

Like really, I know who is the fascists in the fight between Turkey and
the PKK, just like Orwell knew between Catalonia and Franco in Homage to
Catalonia. Despite the communist purges, he still wanted to fight
against the fascists and picked a side.

If you resign yourself for the perfect revolution or set of
circumstances, then whatever, you'll never do anything as people are
imperfect. A revolution is a time of chaos and there will be corruption,
power and conflict.

And between a corrupt Europe with fascist parties rising to power
fuelled by mass immigration and a globalisation enforced by murder, it's
a bit rich to take some fucking moral high ground comfy in a capitalist
liberal state.

Caleb James DeLisle: