:: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-thr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: tilt!, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
Hi,

For the last days I have been struggling to reap zombies adopted by
the frontend with only failures. I tried several methods using
wait(-1), waidpid and trapping the signal when a child dies without
ever succeeding to reap zombies. This means, I will stop and will
leave the issue open to anyone who can find a working solution. With
zombies or not, the application works. So I will continue with real
development instead of fighting a seeming impossible battle.

The pascal code that I used to reap zombies:
======================================
procedure handle_sigchld(sig: longint; info: psiginfo; context:
psigcontext); cdecl;
var
  a_pid: pid_t;
begin
  Status := 0;
  a_pid := -1;
{
  SIGCHLD
  CLD_EXITED     child has exited
  CLD_KILLED     child was killed
  CLD_DUMPED     child terminated abnormally
  CLD_TRAPPED     traced child has trapped
  CLD_STOPPED     child has stopped
  CLD_CONTINUED     stopped child had continued
}

  //CLD_EXITED = 1; CLD_KILLED = 2
  if info^.si_code = 2 then
  begin
    backend_lives := backend_lives + 1;
    //fpwaitpid(a_pid, Status, WNOHANG);
    //fpwaitpid(info^._sifields._sigchld._pid,
info^._sifields._sigchld._status, WNOHANG);
    //fpwait(info^._sifields._sigchld._pid); //,
info^._sifields._sigchld._status, WNOHANG);
    //info^._sifields._sigchld._pid:=;
    //while fpwait(a_pid) > 0 do;

    s := s + inttostr(info^.si_code) + '.';

{  while (fpwaitpid(a_pid, Status, WNOHANG) > 0) do
  begin
    backend_lives := backend_lives + 1;
   end; }
  end;

end;

var sa: sigactionrec;

initialization

sa.sa_handler := @handle_sigchld;
fpsigemptyset(&sa.sa_mask);

  sa.sa_flags := (SA_RESTART or SA_NOCLDSTOP);
  if (fpsigaction(SIGCHLD, @sa, nil) = -1) then
  begin
    // do nothing
  end;