:: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
Top Pagina
Auteur: hal
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
hal wrote on 08/28/15 06:18:
> I searched for 'devuan nvidia' and did not find any howto/docs so went to wiki.debian.org

Got this working! Not sure if the modprobe files helped or just removing the xorg.conf.
In case someone else is trying to get X working with the NVIDIA download driver,
here's what I did:

1) added this file (from linux mint) to devuan....
# cat nvidia-graphics-drivers-ubuntu.conf
# This file was installed by nvidia-340
# Do not edit this file manually

blacklist nouveau
blacklist lbm-nouveau
blacklist nvidia-current
blacklist nvidia-173
blacklist nvidia-96
blacklist nvidia-current-updates
blacklist nvidia-173-updates
blacklist nvidia-96-updates
blacklist nvidia-340-updates
alias nvidia nvidia_340
alias nvidia-uvm nvidia_340-uvm
alias nouveau off
alias lbm-nouveau off

2) added this file as well to modprobe.d.....
# cat blacklist-framebuffer-ubuntu.conf
# This file blacklists most old-style PCI framebuffer drivers.

blacklist arkfb
blacklist aty128fb
blacklist atyfb
blacklist radeonfb
blacklist cirrusfb
blacklist cyber2000fb
blacklist gx1fb
blacklist gxfb
blacklist kyrofb
blacklist matroxfb_base
blacklist mb862xxfb
blacklist neofb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist pm2fb
blacklist pm3fb
blacklist s3fb
blacklist savagefb
blacklist sisfb
blacklist tdfxfb
blacklist tridentfb
blacklist viafb
blacklist vt8623fb

3) moved /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.myoldconf