:: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-thr…
Top Pagina
Auteur: tilt!
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
Hi Edward,

AFAIK Status must be a pointer, because fpwaitpid will write
information into that status.

Also, you should check the return value of fpwaitpid():

0 : nothing has happened
-1: an error occurred, check fgGetErrno
other: the pid of a child where something happened

so like (pseudocode):

cint rv;
pcint Status;

while true
    rv := waitpid(-1, Status, WNOHANG);

    if rv=-1
       {* an error occured, report fpGetErrno *}
       return;
    else if rv<>0
       {* rv is the pid that was reaped,
          you could report rv and Status now *}
       return;
    else
       {* nothing has happened, resume waiting *}
       continue;
end;

If that doesn't help, check that this way of handling
children does not conflict with some option you have
set for the child TProcess.

Best regards,
T.