:: Re: [DNG] BUG: zombies increase whi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: marc
A: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] BUG: zombies increase while running netman
> waitpid is async signal safe, hence, there's no reason the why the
> 'throw the exit status away' loop can't run from the signal handler
> itself (see signal(7)) for a list of other async signal safe functions).

So this was a misunderstanding - I wasn't implying that he throw the
exit status away, on the contrary. Check what the comment said

> > while(waidpid(-1, &status, WNOHANG)){
> >       /* do something with the status - programs can fail, notice that */
> > }

And that do something might involve something which isn't safe
to run from a signal handler.

Otherwise if he isn't interested in the status code, then yep - your
advice is quite correct

regards

marc