:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Tobias Hunger
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 08:56:33PM +0200, Tobias Hunger wrote:

[cut]

> Oh, I am pretty happy with systemd and won't lie about that. I would
> still like to see some competition going.
>
> And yes, any init system that needs hacks like the one tilt! is doing
> for his display manager is a lesser one.

The sole fact that you consider anything else than systemd as "a
lesser" option and that would like to see "some competition going"
confirms how different are the views, the motivations, the objectives,
and the dreams on the two sides of the surreal barricade that
systemd-lovers have built around themselves. As if a
"systemd-vs-the-rest-of-the-world" war was going on.

The story is much more simple and straight than you can imagine: we
are not paid to allow RedHat gaining full control of the Linux server
market, we don't like systemd (yes, there are people who don't agree
with you), we don't buy the systemd propaganda, and we are doing our
best to get around it. We have nothing to show to the world. There is
no competition to enter. No prize to be won. No opponent to be
massacred. Just the necessity to find an alternative to what we
consider pure insanity.

Go conquer the world with your little software-engineering
masterpiece, but please leave us poor cavemen in peace.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]