Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger@???> writes:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

[...]

>> what really disturbed me is the arrogance of that definition "lesser
>> init systems" which in general depicts pretty much the attitude of
>> systemd hooligans, often scaling to full range trolling.
>>
>> "Lesser" may just be substituted with "Smaller". How about that?
>
> Oh, I am pretty happy with systemd and won't lie about that. I would
> still like to see some competition going.
>
> And yes, any init system that needs hacks like the one tilt! is doing
> for his display manager is a lesser one.

It's not even clear if the process manager he happened to be using
actually needs the grotty utmp hack or if that also supports some other way
of being told to shut down now. But since the 'init system' he likely
happens to be using doesn't incorporate 'process management', that's
none of its business.