:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” co…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Tobias Hunger
Aan: Jaromil
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2015, Tobias Hunger wrote:
>
>> > if that is even a legitimate account,
>>
>> Yes. Did we get to the point where we need fake emails to follow up
>> on free software projects now?
>
> since none of your emails are cryptographically signed, noone can really
> tell if this is an impersonation. Bear in mind trolling is the main
> tactic used by systemd hooligans: all those of us who got exposed
> through Devuan have received various attacks of different kinds.

Gmail is not the ideal place to sign mails, sorry:-(

I did keep breaking my private mail server because I kept playing with
it, so at some point I just gave up and moved everything over to
gmail. I use email to follow mailing lists only and google indexes
those anyway.

But this mail is not signed either, so I could still be in impostor.

>> > is he getting paid for his time spent here?
>
> my curiosity refers to the fact systemd has a development budget and a
> propaganda budget: since years now there are many people on that
> payroll. Of course the sort of asymmetry generated is nothing new for
> standardization processes.

They do not have the resources to pay for a github account. Guess that
is due to all the money being in the propaganda budget.

>> Seriously? I was answering to a direct technical question on systemd
>> raised on this very list.
>
> This is not the only context where people think that "Small is
> beautiful", to quote E.F. Schumacher.
>
> what really disturbed me is the arrogance of that definition "lesser
> init systems" which in general depicts pretty much the attitude of
> systemd hooligans, often scaling to full range trolling.
>
> "Lesser" may just be substituted with "Smaller". How about that?

Oh, I am pretty happy with systemd and won't lie about that. I would
still like to see some competition going.

And yes, any init system that needs hacks like the one tilt! is doing
for his display manager is a lesser one.

Best Regards,
Tobias