:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Inizio della pagina
Autore: tilt!
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Hi,

been thinking about this for a while:

It actually is correct that the frontend becomes irrepsonsive
when the backend does a re-connect or re-scan.

When a re-connect or re-scan is performed, the old information
presented in the frontend is outdated, and the user should not
click around on it anyway.

As i see it, all that was needed was something like this
(the missing steps are marked with a *):

1. User hits connect or re-scan button.
2. * GUI goes in state "currently locked, rescanning"
    (or "reconnecting") where the interactive GUI elements
    are greyed out and this message is shown.
3. GUI calls back-end process.
4. GUI waits until backend process terminates.
5. GUI rebuilds it's list entires and status.
6. * GUI unlocks itself, user can chose from new data.

No need for GUI multithreading, everything is consistent.

Kind regards,
T.