:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Góra strony
Autor: Steve Litt
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:20:15 -0400
Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> wrote:

> It seems to me that with so much in common GNU/Linux or UNIX use that
> was so deeply flawed, he/Redhat would have been further ahead to just
> fork off and create Poettericks or or Poetterdows.

No, because in a head to head showdown where people could alternate
between Linux and PoetterGlom, in a year or two Linux would have won on
technical merits. They had to wreck Linux before they could proceed
with their plan.

> I guess the problem with heading in that direction would have be the
> lack of recognition, his project/operating system seems to have taken
> advantage of a well established name, Linux and managed to Hijack a
> large proportion of the userbase. a rather astute strategic and
> political move when you look at it that way.

But ask, why does Redhat pay him for this. Redhat can't make money
consulting a simple OS that any admin can admin.

Follow the money.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust