:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Laurent Bercot
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On 30/08/2015 01:13, Simon Hobson wrote:
> I don't think anyone has suggested it's for servers only. But, there
> is an argument for picking the low hanging fruit - and that means
> trying to do the "easy" bits first. I've not really followed it in
> detail, but from what I've read it does seem that the desktop
> environments have been the most tightly bound to systemd. IMO it
> makes sense to try and get a "non desktop" system sorted, and then
> tackle the harder problem of getting the desktop stuff cleansed.

Honestly, servers are easy, and a few distros have always gone
pretty far with what they're doing with servers: Alpine Linux,
Void Linux, and many others I'm not following as closely. The
"big" or "mainstream" distributions are called that way because
they're the ones that people install on their desktops.

I'm interested in Devuan because I view it as a replacement for
Debian, which I had on my desktop at some point. If it's about a
server, I already have lots of distributions to pick from, including
not using one in the first place.

--
Laurent