:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 08:22:23 -0700
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 8/29/15, poitr pogo <lepoitr@???> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [DNG]    The show goes on: “su” command replacement
> merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide To: "dng" <dng@???>
>  Date: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 10:14 AM

> > So let them build desktop oriented linux, and let us focus on the
> > server oriented version.

> Grrrr . . . How about a systemd-free Linux that can be the base for
> server or desktop use . . .
>
> golinux

Yeah, that isn't a problem, and shouldn't be a problem. Interestingly,
in my LUG, the most pro-systemd guys are the mega-metal admins
administering hundreds of boxes with hundreds of Docker containers.
These guys are telling me systemd is necessary to efficiently manage
the Dockers. Yeah, whatever, give me the budget Redhat gave the systemd
cabal, so I can hire good programmers, and I'll make it work
efficiently without breaking Linux and entangling everything.

Back to sane desktop linux, basically, we could run a panel with
Openbox, and if either Openbox or the panel get poetterized, we can
fork.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust