:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:34:29 +0200
Laurent Bercot <ska-devel@???> wrote:

> Oh, I'm not blaming some abstract entity called "su". When I say
> that su is not good (anymore), it's obviously on us.
> There's a reason why I have written programs performing privilege
> gain without bit s executables. ;)

Now let me ask you this Laurent. Your programs performing privilege
gain without bit s executables: Did you tie them into the init system?
Did you tie them into (not allow them to be called from, but tie them
into) lots of other executables? Does the system break if someone
replaces your execuables with (almost) equivalents?

Didn't think so, and that's the whole point.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust