:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
I am thinking about adding yet another operation to backend.c to
attempt automatic connection with a wifi.

The algorithm can work as follows:
a) read all filenames from /etc/network/wifi
b) scan for wifi essids and strengths
c) sort wifi essids according to strength, starting from the strongest
d) iterate wifi as follows:
     i) if wifi essid is configured attempt connection
    ii) if wifi essid is not configured skip it
e) if all wifi essids are exhausted, prompt the user or change colour
of the GUI from default to some other colour to draw the user's
attention without being a nuisance.

Should I modify the existing functions that already work, to be able
to use them in the above algorithm, or write a new function which does
not use any services from the previous functions? Including all
functionality in new function adds more code but avoids potential
breakage of already tested functions.