著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:11:22 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> This is exasperating! Git is refusing my commits telling me everything
> is up to date!
>
> This is effectively locking me out of development notwithstanding that
> I spent hours upon hours developing. This puts me down.
>
> :(((

Git: Not a fan.

Oh, don't get me wrong: If it's a huge project with lots of
contributors, Git is worth all the learning and close attention. But
with a one or two person project, manual sharing, with a lot of
discussion, via email is usually more productive. This is especially
true of a brand new, constantly changing project with one or a couple
authors.

I lost my dmenu for Devuan docs somewhere in Devuan's git system, after
first getting them so discombobbled that it took me hours of what
should have been doc-writing time, just getting them restored in Git.

I'll be rewriting those docs from scratch, and until they're finished,
I'll have them readable on Troubleshooters.Com, not on anyone's Git.
I'll put them on Devuan's Git when they're stable. IMHO in the beginning
every project should be one person, or at the most 3. Others can make
suggestions, but the guys doing the dev should pick which suggestions
go in.

Later, when the project becomes stable, THEN put it in Git where
everyone can have their way with it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust