:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: Steve Litt
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
There are no infinite loops in the backend, therefore it will do what
it is requested and terminate. The backend is run every time the
frontend needs the former's services. On every call, the backend
terminates, otherwise we would need some form of messaging between
applications, and probably, fall into traps like requiring the
services of dbus and the like, and we want to avoid that.

Now, in the case of frequently changing wifi hotspots, the frontend
need to be made to detect that a different wifi hotspot is required.
This can be achieved with TTimer calling a subroutine regularly in
which a connection is tested, and in case the active wifi is
unreachable, other wifi's are tried starting with the strongest
signal. In case, no essid file is found, the user is prompted to enter
password and essid. However, this can become a nuisance, so we have to
decide where to stop regarding automating wifi connections.