:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Top Pagina
Auteur: Irrwahn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:06:52 +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Rethinking about it, there is no need to use the ESSID in the table.
> A table like the following would do the job neatly, in my humble
> opinion. ESSIDs are already saved in the interfaces files, so a table
> like the following is enough:
> 00001 "my little wifi at home"
> 00002 "my wifi at work"
> 00003 "wifi at cafe"
>
> Users only need to remember the name of connections, not what iwlist
> found: ESSIDS and passwords are already saved. Using descriptions is
> more user oriented rather than using ESSIDs.
>
> So, the GUI would read this file. Display the pseudo names (user
> descriptions) and select the interfaces files using the table. For
> instance, if user clicked "my wifi at work", that would mean, file
> 00002 which obviously already contains an ESSID and password. What we
> cannot avoid is, that ESSID names, must be of the required standard. I
> can implement this, but I need the opinion of others.

Please don't get me wrong, but using a list is IMHO over-complicating
the matter. I think your original idea was just fine, and can greatly
improved upon, since there is one, and only one, use case for this
whole encoding/escaping thing: constructing filenames for storing
interface files. Thus, we need only a single function constructing
valid path names, and that's it! I hope to be able to show you my stab
at your code tommorrow.

--
Irrwahn