:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Edward Bartolo
Dátum:
Címzett: irrwahn35
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Rethinking about it, there is no need to use the ESSID in the table.
A table like the following would do the job neatly, in my humble
opinion. ESSIDs are already saved in the interfaces files, so a table
like the following is enough:
00001 "my little wifi at home"
00002 "my wifi at work"
00003 "wifi at cafe"

Users only need to remember the name of connections, not what iwlist
found: ESSIDS and passwords are already saved. Using descriptions is
more user oriented rather than using ESSIDs.

So, the GUI would read this file. Display the pseudo names (user
descriptions) and select the interfaces files using the table. For
instance, if user clicked "my wifi at work", that would mean, file
00002 which obviously already contains an ESSID and password. What we
cannot avoid is, that ESSID names, must be of the required standard. I
can implement this, but I need the opinion of others.

Edward