:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Edward Bartolo
To: Tilman Kranz, dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Since eth0 is usually configured in /etc/network/interfaces, and a
normal installation creates a functioning interfaces file, I think, it
is better to leave what works unchanged. The backend can be modified a
little to call "ifup eth0", and if more than one ethX exist, which is
highly improbable on a mobile computer, I can use a separate directory
/etc/network/ethx, to use its respective interfaces file.

The most practical way, as I see it, is to provide functionality for
wifi support: wired connections are usually upped automatically by the
system without the need of additional software. So, the choice is
between adding otherwise existent functionality in the base system and
further complicate the backend, or using the KISS principle.

Obviously, supporting wlan1,...., wlanN, is also on my agenda.

Edward