:: Re: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Irrwahn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on Devuan
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:48:54 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 05:53:53 +0100
> Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
>> On 24/08/2015, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

<snip>
>>> If you're really concerned about it, you could put in a
>>> (complicated) hotkey combo to run a shellscript that runs poweroff,
>>> and make sure that poweroff is set in sudoers to run as root and
>>> require no password (assuming this is a personal computer, and not
>>> a multiuser).

<snip>
>> Could we create a simple application that displays a logout modal
>> window similar to the one displayed by xfce4, remove the default
>> logout menu item from xfce4 and create our own one. With GTK2 it
>> shouldn't be that difficult to create it? We would only need to setup
>> sudo to run the littel GTK2 app.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Personally, I think it's too small a problem to address at all. But if
> we do address the problem, I guess as a distro we should fix the root
> cause (whatever it is), not patch around it.

Seconded, especially since AFAICT the issue has already been addressed.
Proof is I'm running Devuan ascii and jessie installations (metal and vbox)
and got LogOut/Restart/ShutDown from the Xfce "Action Buttons" (that's
apparently the official name of the Xfce shutdown menu) working flawlessly.

Best Regards
Irrwahn