:: [DNG] xfce has logout icon but no l…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on Devuan
Nouveaux-sujets: [DNG] shutdown is there for one user, not for another
Sujet: [DNG] xfce has logout icon but no login/suspend/shutdown menu
On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 12:26:16AM +0200, adamdm wrote:
> I can't shutdown Devuan from xfce, the button is just disabled...
> Am I missing something?

When I first installed devuan from alpha2, just a bit over a week ago,
the shutdown button was there, and worked. Actually, there was a word
at the right end of the top panel that produced a menu offering
everything from logout to shurtdown.

Then I copied /home/hendrik from my old Debian jessie installation,
put my login information from Debian into /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow.

Now that word is wntirely missing, together with the its menu. Though I
do have a logout icon in the top panel.

I now have a logout button

This suggests to me that it might have something to so with the
user's xcfe configuration.

I should test that by logging into the guest account, which was *not*
copied from Debian and seeing it the menu is back.

-- hendrik