:: Re: [DNG] remove systemd for the lo…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Svante Signell
A: Adam Borowski
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] remove systemd for the love of Yog-Sothoth already
On Sun, 2015-08-23 at 23:06 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-08-23 at 20:34 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Today on #debconf:
> >
> > 20:11 < paultag> devuan can pick a fight once they release
> > 20:11 < paultag> Hell, they can pick a fight once they stop installing systemd by default
> > 20:11 < paultag> which they still do
> >
> > Guys... _still_ installing systemd by default is pathethic. I provided a
> > set of desystemdized de-libsystemd0-ed packaged half a year ago (deb-src
> > http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd-{jessie,stretch}), and other than upower,
> > it was a matter of a bunch of trivial changes to debian/{control,rules,...}.

I already use your repo for a mix between Devuan and yours. The only
remaining component missing is Judes vdev, to replace udev, in order to
throw out all systemd-related packages!

BTW: Why don't you commit to maintain some of the packages you are
already hosting in Devuan?

> > The time frame becomes bad... you don't want to be laughed at, do you?
>
> Couldn't agree more. The problem seems to be people committing to
> maintain packages :(

See above, the DNG mailing list is mostly full of discussions and not
much actions, except for from a few people. Please adopt a package!

> I for one am willing to maintain some, but the
> devuan git development process is still not clear to me.

This issue is still hindering me from fully maintain packages, a clear
TODO is needed, preferably somewhere on the Devuan website. I've started
writing one but it is just started. One problem how to create and pull
the pristine tar and other branches: For example policykit-1 (which I'm
one of the uploaders of) has all branches of stable:
#> git branch
* master
patch-queue/master
pristine-tar
upstream

while xfce4-session only has:
master
* patch-queue/master

Add to that all releases:
jessie (stable), ascii (testing) , ceres (unstable)
and the situation gets even more complicated.