:: Re: [DNG] Offtopic: pointed message…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Hobson
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Offtopic: pointed messages?
Mitt <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> I noticed that my messages are not pointed to those who they are sent to. See image
> https://imgur.com/J4UaT7D

Are you referring to the fact that it's not shown in "it's place in the tree" like the rest of the messages ?
If so, then that's because your mails don't contain In-Reply-To: or References: headers. Without those, the archive has to use the subject line to thread messages, and it can't "link" them because it's now way of knowing which other message your's was in reply to. Interestingly, while looking through my inbox for this list, I see a few other users with the same issue.

The flip side is that when using an MUA that does correctly insert such headers, people who start a new thread by hitting reply to an existing message and changing the subject result in two thread being mingled in some archives - the References: refers to a message in the other thread, so the messages starting the new thread get inserted in "their place in teh tree" of that old thread.