Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on Devuan
Sometimes reinventing the wheel does help, like say, the historical
invention of the transistor. There was the thermionic valve, why
reinvent an electronic amplifying device? Still, research is going on
to replace silicon with something else that uses less energy and is
faster. So, reinventing the wheel, may have its positive aspects as
well.

If we cannot find a proper fix, as you rightly claim, a simple
application would do the job very neatly, but opinions differ, and
yours is one of those.