:: Re: [DNG] frontend GUI implementati…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] frontend GUI implementation
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:50:45 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> dear Edward
>
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>
> > Although I have a working Lazarus written frontend, I am getting the
> > message, it may not be accepted in Devuan, for the reason it is
> > written in Lazarus Pascal.
>
> I doubt that can be a valid reason to exclude your code from being
> packaged and redistributed. Lazarus is GPL licensed and if your code
> works well and efficiently enough, I'd be against discriminating it
> for the language is written in.
>
> if you have spare time left to invest into this I recommend doing
> a .deb package so we can easily test it
>

> ciao

Hi Edward,

Please forget my suggestions about Py/Tk, Zenity and libsx. Now that
everyone has said that Lazarus *would* be accepted, just go with that.

Speaking for myself, I install Lazarus every time I go to a new
distro/version. Quickest and easiest GUI development, IMHO.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust