:: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
À: Hendrik Boom, dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
On 20/08/15 04:21, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:42:29AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
>> dear Karl,
>>
>> thanks for your analysis
>>
>> we haven't yet worked on the mirroring mechanism, but we will
>>
>> once done, there will be a script and it will be easy
>> I guess it will be a sort of amprolla satellite process
>> so that the mirror redirection will be handled by nextime's software
>>
>> however it is sort of low priority for now
>> but good to remind nextime about this one
>> soon he'll be having some beach coding time ;-)
>
> You mean that when I went through the insttaller step of choosing a
> devuan mirror, they all pointed to the same place?

Yup, but given that httpredir all the debian packages should come from
your local debian mirror anyway - and that's still > 95% of packages for
a standard install.

However, we're working on a mechanism to improve the use of local
mirrors for where httpredir for debian gets it wrong (like it does for
me in NZ). We may also extend this for deb-multimedia to use local
mirrors too.

Once we've got a beta for devuan out the I'll work with nextime to
produce a package for amprolla that makes building private mirrors a
walk in the park, and also will make building official CC mirrors easier
too.

Regards,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.