Til: Edward Bartolo, dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 06:14:38PM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> As to studying other languages, here, you are NOT talking to a youth
> in his twenties or his teens, but to a 48 year old. Learning a new
> language is a lengthy process and the ones I know are far more than
> enough for what I do.

And you are not talking to a youth in his forties, but to a 68-year-old.
I find that choice of language is often one of the most important steps
in achieving reliable code, and I am still looking for better ones.

Whether devuan wants to hitch any part of its wagon to another language
is, of course, a separate question, as is whether it is the most
effective for the job.

I will point out that OCaml is currently available in devuan, and, as
far as I know, it does not depend on systemd.

Modula3, has not found its way into the Debi/vuan repositories.
It is available elsewhere, where .deb's are provided for i386 and
AMD64.

-- hendrik