:: Re: [DNG] howto wifi roaming [was R…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] howto wifi roaming [was Re: Systemd Shims]
Le 19/08/2015 14:35, Svante Signell a écrit :
> On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 12:03 +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

>>> I've not been able to figure out what that would look like.
>>> Could you give a sample wpa_supplicant.conf and /etc/network/interfaces?

> I only have /etc/network/interfaces populated:
> auto ra0
> iface ra0 inet dhcp
> wpa-driver wext
> wpa-ssid xxxxx
> wpa-psk yyyyyy
>
> And wpa_supplicant runs as:
> /sbin/wpa_supplicant -s -B -P /run/wpa_supplicant.ra0.pid -i ra0 -D wext
> -C /run/wpa_supplicant

     So you have wpa_supplicant started in daemon mode by init?

     I don't know who invokes ifup wlan0 on my computer, and when; but I
understand now that having it configured with the method "manual" causes
all scripts in /etc/if-up.d to be executed, and one of them is
/etc/wpa_supplicant/ifupdown.sh, which launches wpa_supplicant in daemon
mode, like in your case, except it is not done by init.

     I don't know what the wicd daemon is for. Does it manage Ethernet
interfaces as well?

     Didier