著者: karl
To: dng
題目: [DNG] X without udev
I have succeded installing X without udev on a old thinkpad running
funtoo. I "just" removed references of udev from:

/usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-server/xorg-server-1.16.4-r1.ebuild
/usr/portage/x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev/xf86-input-evdev-2.9.2.ebuild

and then running

emerge --regen
emerge packages above and a few others

and added (in Section "ServerFlags"):

Option "AutoAddDevices" "off"

///

I did a similar thing on my test devaun box, something resembling:

apt-get source xxx
cd xxx
removing refs. to udev from debian/[control,rules]
fakeroot debian/rules binary
cd ..
dpkg -i xxx

It doesn't work yet, maybe I have a too new video card or something
with drm. I'll put the files on

http://turkos.aspodata.se/computing/nonudev/

tomorrow (upload is slow) in case someone is interested.

///

It seem the things "depending" on udev are mesa stuff and the main
xserver. The mesa dependancy is minimal, just add --enable-sysfs to
when configure'ing removes that. The xserver is using udev only (if
I understand this correctly) for hotplugged input devices. if you
only have a keybord and a mouse, you can disable this hotplugging
whith the serverflag above and have inputdevice sections like
(could possible be trimmed a bit):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
#       Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "auto"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/ttyS0"
        Option          "Protocol"              "MouseMan"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data