:: Re: [DNG] Wireless configuration to…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Wireless configuration tools
Le 17/08/2015 05:05, Isaac Dunham a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 09:53:39PM +0200, shraptor wrote:
>>> Long story short: it's limited, somewhat odd in interface, and nearly
>>> undocumented.
>>> But if you've configured wpa_supplicant to start, or need to write an
>>> initial config file, it should be adequate if you can follow the UI.
>>> I tried to make the UI as obvious as possible, but I'm the only user
>>> I'm aware of, so no promises ;-).
>>
>> What do you mean by limited? limited by scarce documentation?
>> limited in user-friendliness?
> Features (and user-friendliness, to a lesser degree).
> It only supports adding open/WEP/WPA networks, viewing available
> networks ("4 scan" in the main menu), and disconnect/reassociate.
> If you want to add and use a new network, you will need to manually
> reassociate.
> There is no way to configure how you get an IP address/how routing and
> DNS is set up in wpa_config; wpa_dhcp provides these in theory, but
> there are some major caveats (see my next comment).
>
>> Well I am thinking of trying it.
>>
>> It depends on udhcpc and ifup/ifdown
>> Are these provided by busybox?
> Yes.
> Only wpa_dhcp requires these; on a Debian system, I'd suggest replacing
> this script with wpa_action, since there's not any functional support for
> different networks with different networking configs (you get either
> DHCP everywhere, or--if you configure it--the same static IP and routing
> everywhere; I only use DHCP).
> If you use wpa_action on a Busybox system, you'll need to port it
> to use udhcpc.
>
>> Are there other dependencies except wpa-supplicant, wpa-cli
> For wpa_config, the part you're probably most interested in, you need
> - a POSIX shell
> - (POSIX) cat grep echo test true mktemp
> - awk, for the scan feature (tested with busybox awk and mawk; gawk and
> the "one true awk" should also work)
> - wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli, of course
> - dialog or an adequate clone (also tested with whiptail, xdialog may work).
>
> On a minimal busybox system, you can build ncurses, dialog, and
> wpa_supplicant. Contrary to the whiptail documentation, it uses
> significantly *more* disk space than dialog, unless you don't use
> ncurses at all and already use newt.
>
>> Does it require something like OpenRC or would it work with
>> busybox init?
> OpenRC is a set of utilities and scripts that can be run atop sysvinit
> or busybox init. I've only used it with Busybox init.
>
> etc/init.d/wpanet requires OpenRC; however, there's a messier but
> functionally roughly equivalent version in sbin/wpanet, autogenerated from
> it by means of a partial OpenRC compatability library.
> This version is lacking the LSB initscript headers, but should be usable
> via the standard sysv-rc interface (/etc/init.d/wpanet start/stop/...).
>
> For a "pocket Linux", I'd suggest ditching the init scripts and adding
> the relevant stuff to your rc script.

> [...]

     I'm not sure I understand completely the point, but it is possible
to configure different
wifi stations with either static or dynamic addressing in
wpa_supplicant.conf. In the section
of a given station, you can specify an interface name, which defaults to
"default", and then,
in /etc/network/interfaces, you can have a section for each of these
names, some static, and
one dhcp. Sure, there is no tool to help you writing
/etc/network/interfaces, only your
favorite text editor. Actually I didn't check if wpa_gui was offering
this feature.

     Didier