:: Re: [DNG] About shims and systemd i…
Góra strony
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] About shims and systemd in devuan
On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 06:05:15AM -0700, James Powell wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> If people want Devuan with systemd or anything close to it, use Debian aka CoreOS w/ dpkg.
>
> People came to Devuan to have choice, mainly a choice to avoid systemd at all costs.

That's certainly the choice that gave rise to devuan in the first place.
If the trend to dictatorship in the mainline Linux distros continues,
people may well be coming here for other choices. Maybe will
be escaping oppresssion from other components that is even more intense
than what systemd imposes, but still need systemd ...

I can see situations in the far future when we might want to reconsider.
But for now, "just use Debian" is a fine answer.

-- hendrik