:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Página Inicial
Autor: Lars Noodén
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims

>> I would be interested in
>>
>> * No-dbus replacement for NetworkManager/Wicd
>>
>> Are you thinking a C program?
>
> HECK no! There's no requirement for this program to be fast, and I want
> to make it easy on myself. Python probably, with the minimum Python
> addons, and only addons that ship with Python itself.
>
> If people really hate the Python dependency (I thought almost everyone
> installs Python anyway), perhaps I could make it out of shellscripts,
> awk and the like.

I too am interested in a no-dbus replacement for NetworkManager/Wicd

I also like the idea of a shell script, it would make it more accessible
to more people, but only if it is feasible. A thing should be as simple
as possible but no simpler. So if it needs perl or python then so be
it, it would not be the first tool with such a dependency. But my
preference would be shell.

Regards,
/Lars