:: Re: [DNG] [haines@histomat.net: Re:…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Isaac Dunham
A: Haines Brown
Cc: Dng
Temas nuevos: Re: [DNG] Alpha2 without desktop environment]
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [haines@histomat.net: Re: Alpha2 without desktop environment]
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 07:43:04AM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> I reiinstalled (avoiding past missteps), to a console, and from it
> installed xorg and fluxbox. I then ran xstart from console and all went
> well.
>
> With one exception. I'm in what looks like VGA mode with large crude
> characters. It seems a problem (or symptom) is that installation did not
> create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory that should holding, I
> presume, a 20-nvidia.conf file. I created them by hand, but startx
> failed with error in log to effect that there is no server section.
> I suspect this is not the file that should have a Server section.
>
> I purged and reinstalled xorg without luck. Installed were libglu1-mesa,
> x11-apps, x11-session-utils, x11-server-utils, xinit, xorg,
> xorg-docs-core.
>
> The xorg log tells me that it is using as system configuration
> directory, /usr/share/X11/xorg.c. Because this file does not exist, the
> log complains about missing layout, screen and monitor definitions. It
> seems xorg is using defaults.

Xorg looks in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, then /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/.
If you would rather use a single-file xorg.conf, you can create it via
"Xorg -configure" (IIRC).

But besides that, I'm wondering about a couple things.
1: You refer to "20-nvidia.conf". I'd assume that this would come from
the nvidia driver, which I see no reference to in your list of packages.

2: You refer to "/usr/share/X11/xorg.c." Is this a typo/abbreviation,
or is Xorg misconfigured?

Thanks,
Isaac