:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:51:55 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 15/08/2015 02:26, Steve Litt a écrit :
> > On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:49:17 -0700
> > Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 8/14/15, T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:
> >>
> >> Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
> >> To: dng@???
> >> Date: Friday, August 14, 2015, 2:47 PM

> >> Maybe we should just put Steve in charge of decontaminating all
> >> packages with systemd deps!
> > Oh, you wouldn't want to do that. Contrary to what I wrote in
> > another thread about "the perfect is the enemy of the good", if *I*
> > were in charge of decontamination, I'd throw out whole subsystems.
> > Gnome gone. KDE gone. Xfce gone. Networkmanager gone. Gimp gone if
> > it gets all systemd on us.
> >
> > In the massive time I save as not being the bomb squad defusing Red
> > Hat's terrorism, I'd write small replacements for a lot of things
> > that use only Linux and a very rudimentary and optional GUI
> > interface.
> >
> > Then I'd write documentation explaining how to use a sharp thinking
> > computer, to the proud ignorants of the world, especially those who
> > believe their ignorance is a badge of honor proving their age or
> > gender.
> >
> > And the people who prioritize pretty over functional and robust: I'd
> > tell them to get a Mac.
> >
> > You don't want me in that capacity.
> >
> > And yes, I *am* a hypocrit who takes one position in one thread, and
> > then says he'd do the opposite in another. :-)
> >
> > SteveT
> >

>      Please, Steve, provide us with all you mentionned, as an
> alternative to mainstream bloated/infected stuff. Since Devuan is all
> about freedom, this is the place where to deliver to the world. As
> soon as I can install Devuan on metal, I'll be one of your testers.

>      Didier

OK. What should come first?

* Automounter?
* No-dbus replacement for NetworkManager/Wicd?
* Other?

Please keep in mind, I'm not a good enough programmer to write a
substitute for Gimp or Gnome. Let's keep the first one simple and easy
so I can actually do it, in a reasonable timeframe, without adversely
impacting my real work.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust