:: [DNG] Stupid LVM conflict
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] Stupid LVM conflict
I tried plugging a external hard drive into my newly installed Devuan
system, and immediately ran into a problem: It seems the volume group
name used on that drive is the same as the one on my devuan system.
Not that surprising; thee external drive contains the Debian system I'm
migrating away from.

lvdisplay tells me:

root@notlookedfor:~# lvdisplay
WARNING: Duplicate VG name VG1: Existing
zXs7iy-ukO4-ecrC-B1ag-wQkA-6L4K-YKyKRV (created here) takes precedence
over P4Ggic-hQS6-b82V-zUj6-a0eu-dA3z-5mIkOH
WARNING: Duplicate VG name VG1: Existing
P4Ggic-hQS6-b82V-zUj6-a0eu-dA3z-5mIkOH (created here) takes precedence
over zXs7iy-ukO4-ecrC-B1ag-wQkA-6L4K-YKyKRV
WARNING: Duplicate VG name VG1: Existing
zXs7iy-ukO4-ecrC-B1ag-wQkA-6L4K-YKyKRV (created here) takes precedence
over P4Ggic-hQS6-b82V-zUj6-a0eu-dA3z-5mIkOH

How do I go about mounting its LVM partitions without screing everything
up? Can I just ignore the name conflict and mount by UUID? And are the
UUIDs in the error message the ones I need for this?

Or is there some way to rename VG1 to something else? Some way that
will take care of all the corner cases? There's a command vgimportclone
that seems to be for this, but ... it says it also changes the UUID's,
which are *not* duplicates, and it just might be that another use of
this external disk might rely on those particulat UUIDs.

It's just possible that the LVM partition names will also have a
conflict.

-- hendrik