:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Simon Hobson
Dátum:
Címzett: dng@lists.dyne.org
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

> ClamAV claims to support FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, OpenVMS,
> Slackware and Windows, all of which certainly don't have systemd. I've
> just cloned the current development repository and build it on Wheezy
> using a plain
>
> ./configure
> make
>
> which worked without issues and this system is certainly systemd-free,
> too.

Which makes it even more non-sensical to make it have systemd dependencies.

And from http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2015-June/001604.html
> BTW, since I'm the primary clamav maintainer in Debian, guess how much action your report is going to get.

As you've pointed out, this is a package widely used across various OSs, and is still officially supported in Wheezy through security updates. But the Debian Jessie package hard depends on libsystemd0.

Now I know some will call me paranoid, but if you're going to allow various libraries, then you are allowing part of the code that people are complaining about. I'm not able to go and examine the code, but I've seen enough of what systemd does and how it's coded to know I don't want it on servers I'm responsible for keeping running.